Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Before and After Studio Project

I have a confession to make....I am a pig! Honestly, I even have the snort and pig sounds to go along with this pitiful image. Seriously, there are reasons behind this mess....some require rationalization on my part, others require a "Come to Jesus Meeting," with myself, but the main one is that my wonderful son moved back home to go to college and reclaimed his room...yes...this room...so I am faced with studio issues. I have ignored the inevitable for the most part, especially when I walked past the door and all my art supplies moan from neglect, but the time has come that I must confront this monster. 


The only way I could see that it would get done though is for me to shame myself publicly into cleaning it up. Now, I know I am not the only artist or mom who has been there right? I know there are tons of studios dotted all across the globe that have been here and done this, but my son and I just can't manage this mess. It is toxic really, to my mood, to his frame of mind, because what you don't realize is that his bed is where the picture cuts off. Yes, he lives in this room and has to look at this every day. 


So, with the help of you all, some of my Pinterest friends who will support my before and after pics, I am diving head first into this mess....may God Help Me! Stay tuned, I promise "After" photos to follow! 



Did I mention it is only a 4' by 6' space? Did I....?
(nervous tick ensues)  

2 comments:

Marianne said...

This looks soooo familiar. You are getting more and more sympathetic ever day. ;-)

the blueminator said...

It's kind of cool looking. It doesn't look like a pig pen but more like a creative and busy person lives there.