Over the past few years one of the most important habits that I have in helping me become a better artist, person, and teacher is to keep an art journal. I have many types of them, sketchbooks, journals about cats, watercolor journals, altered books, even a journal called "Fractured" that I share with no one. The process of sketching/creating daily, writing my thoughts, ideas, prayers, and intentions on my pages, and embracing the practice of letting the paint flow without expectations has been a HUGE force in my growth as an artist.
As I started my first journals, checked out books about how to make them, and tinkered with different ideas I longed to have a connection with other artists sharing the same love I had. Through the networks of Facebook and Google+, and from my IRL classes, I began to meet and get to know other journalers, students, teachers, and creative beings sharing their lives through their pages, and the experience has been life changing.
A few months ago one of those artists who I have adored and followed, Connie Hozvicka of Dirty Footprints Studios, contacted me about being one of the 21 teachers in her HUGE 21 Secrets Online Workshop. Although I was ready to jump at the chance, I took a deep breath, spent some time praying about it, and then felt an overwhelming peace that this was my path and the timing was perfect. With glee I accepted and have been on pins and needles waiting for the big launch today.
I am guessing, especially if you have never taken an online workshop, you are thinking, what does this online class entail and who would it benefit? If you answer yes to any of the questions below, this experience would be a meaningful one for your personal art journey:
1. Are you interested in learning new techniques to use in an art journal or incorporate into your personal painting style?
2. Are you interested in exploring ways to get to know yourself on a deeper level through the practice of writing, mark making, and painting?
3. Are you interested in taking risks, trying new techniques, and stepping out of your comfort zone when it comes to working through concepts and ideas in your art journals?
4. Are you interested in learning about new tools and practice methods to build your own artistic skill sets?
5. Are you interested in connecting with a community of like minded artists at all levels in a private, safe environment?
6. Are you limited in your own community in having art classes and events to engage with other artists?
7. Are you interested in learning from 21 different teachers who each share a different point of view, way of practice, and passion for helping others reach their potential through the journey of art journaling?
8. Are you looking to learn specific art techniques to help you improve your overall artistic skills?
9. Are you crunched for time and can't attend an in person workshop due to time/job needs?
10. Are you interested in finding your own, personal artistic passion and breaking through the negative, internal self talk that holds you back?
If any of these questions are YES for you, then this type of workshop will be incredible!
On the other hand, if you are looking to view the artistic process of others and copy their style then I would say, this is not for you.
Now, I know it is October and this workshop doesn't start until April 2014, so what's the deal? Today we PRE-LAUNCH, which means you can get it at a really, really discounted rate if you are one of the first 500 members. Here is the breakdown of the pre-sale discounted prices:
THE NEW 21 SECRETS PRICE SCHEDULE
$79 for buyers 151 - 300
$89 for buyers 301- 500
After 500 members, the cost goes up to $98 so getting in early is the best idea ever!
April 1, 2014 the workshop kicks off and this year each member will be able to download the entire course in a PDF/Ebook format to follow and revisit, which is an amazing opportunity. You can read all about the specific details of 21 workshops, see the (awesome) teacher bios, and sign up HERE, and the courses and teachers are some of the most interesting I have seen offered, which thrills me!
(Each instructor has an affiliate link and when you sign up we get credit, which is how we get paid. Please use my affiliate link in blue above to sign up, THANKS!)
If you have any questions about 21 Secrets or the workshop I will be teaching, message me at email@example.com or through my social networks. Leading up until April, Connie will be showcasing each instructor and their classes, and I will share that information as well. The countdown begins and I have never been so eager for April to arrive!