Tuesday, September 17, 2013

29 Faces Day 15 The Gaze

I love grabbing a pile of magazine scraps, a few pens, a few tubes of paint, my ink, and setting a timer for 20 minutes. I don't have time to over think, I simply have enough time to sketch, glue, layer, and move color into places that create visual interest. These types of mixed media paintings are unexpected, not what you would consider 'pretty', and they have an artistic voice that beckons from that not so perfect place in all of us. There are days I wish I could create from only that place, as it seems fearless. 


3 comments:

Coreopsis said...

What a great idea! I think we could all get away from over-thinking sometimes. And what a spectacular result, too! There's both depth and whimsy to this painting/collage. I think I might try it sometime soon.....

Ardith Goodwin said...

I love setting the timer. If you try this I hope you tag me or share what you made! Thanks for taking the time view my blog.

Unknown said...

I love this - the concept, the colors, the execution, just everything! It is so alive. I am going to try the timer idea too.