Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Table With A View Art Journal Page

The inspiration of nature, three blind contour sketches, and collage equals a totally zen morning of journaling. 

Started with a few magazine pics that were oh, so inspiring. 

Got my sketch on with images from outside the window and inside my mind!

Added some really loose, acrylic washes, Neo Colors, and Markers. 

Went on to add some blind contour sketching with water soluble graphite, vine charcoal, Sharpie, and a paint pen. 

Last layers, isolated the text I loved from the initial page, added my own in regards to nature, and finished it off with a few hints of bright white. This was a quick page, but I loved that about it. If you are inclined to try your hand at sketching from the real world, join us on Juliana Cole's Field Notes online class. It isn't too late, and it is fabulous!
You can view my entire album of these journal pages on my Facebook Page

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gosh....I am totaly in love with this page...
Beautiful beautiful!