Sunday, June 3, 2012

Abstract Insomnia

It isn't often that I am not asleep when my head hits the pillow but tonight was one of those nights where the wheels were turning so fast one thought couldn't catch up before another had passed it by. Creative angst is common among artists, at least most I know, and I pretty much believe it is a byproduct of how we are wired. With that said, it drives me nuts sometimes so rather than lay there and moan with visions of conquering the world I decided I would paint it out.....at 1am! 


Restless Slumber I

I actually don't mind the one above. 

The only rules I decided to give myself was one small brush and the torn cover of a Somerset Studio magazine to act as a scraper. I may cut these up in the morning, but believe you me, if they work and I can fall asleep when I head that way I just might save them for a background in my art journal or something. Sweet dreams to all of you....hopefully in a deep, deep slumber by now, :)

Restless Slumber II

2 comments:

Sunny said...

I don't have sleep problems often, but next time I do I may just try painting a little.

Ardith Goodwin said...

Ila, if you do, I would love, love to see your paintings!