Have you been eager to lean in and explore the world of expressive figurative painting in acrylic but unsure about where to begin? Ardith Goodwin and Shauna Meiri, two acrylic painters with a gift for fracturing and deconstruction, are joining forces to co-teach a 4-day workshop April 2017 in beautiful Fairhope, AL, at the Eastern Shore Art Center.
Though we each have unique styles as we approach the canvas, we share the belief that the soul of the artist combined with the spirit of the figure can be embraced and captured through freedom of play, mastery of craft, and an openness to create from a place of authenticity.
- Learn the basics of the human form and structure of the face, and how to manipulate each through the use of expressive line, marks and color.
- Work with quick sketches and loose studies, play with a variety of materials and have fun creating artwork that has more impact and expresses what is important to you.
- Explore the building up of layers through the use of mixed media to create visual interest.
- Experiment with using deconstruction as a way to create textures, shake loose from perfectionism and make room for the unexpected.
- Practice integrating new techniques and ideas into your current creative work.
- The cost of the 4-day workshop is $550.
- A non-refundable deposit of $250 holds your space.
- The teachers will provide some materials, students will bring their own basic supplies. A supply list will be provided upon registration.
- For an additional fee of $150 you can purchase an all paints, materials, paper, and two 24" by 30" canvases provided option.
- Before Feb 1st, we will refund 75%
Before March 1st, we will refund 50%
After March 1st there are no refunds