Monday, April 22, 2013

Watercolor Travel Palette

Watercolors can be really expensive, especially if you use professional grade paints such as Holbein, Daniel Smith, or Windsor Newton. I have palettes at home because I use tube paints and had previously used a Van Gogh travel palette with pans which I had for eons and loved, but I really missed my favorite paints which I had at home. I had priced out travel palettes and to purchase them ready made was way too costly, so I started searching for travel kits I could fill with tube paints and even those were costly. Along comes my stroll through the sewing aisle at a local craft store and low and behold I spied a bobbin thread holder with 25 sections, just deep enough for tube paints for $5. Because I plan to travel and sketch with these a lot I will allow them to dry out a bit but I am really stoked to start using a much more varied palette in my sketchbook! 


2 comments:

J.D. Fields said...

That is too cool! what store did u buy that at? Do they have a on line store? Hubby and I are getting ready to go on vacation next month and I would like to travel light this time. Any help u could give will help.

Thank ya kindly J.D.

J.D. Fields said...
This comment has been removed by the author.