Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Peek Into My Process

Art Journaling has been the one shift in my professional practice that has altered it by leaps and bounds. I have many types of journals, each with a different purpose, but looking back on all of them a little bit of my style was left in clues and juicy tidbits. 

The project I started well over a year ago, The Journal Speaks, will culminate this November in a solo show that I am beyond excited about!

In the meantime, one of my students asked me how I come up with the ideas that I use for my paintings. To answer that in the best way I know how, my art journals are where my ideas soar. Here is a sneak peek into my thought process as I work through the journal page below. 






This summer I will be making a documentary explaining how my practice in my journal has evolved onto the larger canvas. I cannot wait.... :) To see my entire journal you can view those pages HERE! 

No comments: