Thursday, August 1, 2013

Getting Excited!

So thrilled to realize that in 4 days I will walk back into the role that I was born for, teaching art. 20 years ago I began teaching, ten years later had to leave the profession due to medical reasons, and once again, God has blessed me with the opportunity to once again, teach children. Here is a sneak peek of my classroom. I inherited the ceiling panels and graphic design but have been painting up a storm to add my own elements, including the color wheel graphic on the floor. Tomorrow I will add tints and shade circles as well as a value scale, and then will let it rest. Can't wait to put the finishing touches on my classroom and be surrounded by the passionate teachers and administration at St. Paul's Episcopal School. May have to pinch myself. 

I will be posting pics of my new classroom this coming week, can't wait to see it come to fruition! 


2 comments:

Julia said...

What an amazing experience it is to do what we love to do. Can't wait to see your finished classroom.
Hugs,
Julia

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

How awesome that you get to go back to doing what you love! Your classroom looks beautiful! Found you through Effy.