Saturday, January 7, 2012

Project 52 Week Two

I tinkered around with a few images this week, one of food, one of nature, and one abstract. In the end, I like all three but for different reasons. Food, most any type of food, is a draw to me and I love the human condition of experiencing it. Wickles Pickles, if you haven't tried them do, are my most favorite so I played with my food one morning and created a stacked pickle bite. Fresh mozzarella, French Rounds, Wickles Pickle, and a slice of pear was what I ended up with and the combination of the sweet and spicy was delicious!





Mushrooms are another fascination of mine. I don't care to eat them, but the structure and function of mushrooms cause my imagination and little grey cells to expand from the sheer number and diversity of them. I have no clue what type these are as they are new to me, so not only do I have a new picture but I have a new challenge to seek out and discover which type of foundlings these are. 






On Google+ Project 52 the theme for the week was Winter/Summer, and we have had a weird one so far. One day it is 70 degrees and the next it is 20. Even the Japanese Magnolia's are already starting to bloom which doesn't bode well for them making it to Spring. As I looked at my pajama pants I knew I wanted to snap a few shots of my stripes because they were both Winter/Spring types, which gave me a great metaphor for the theme. I used my Galaxy Nexus camera, uploaded instantly to Google+, and finished the shot using the Creative Kit offered by Google which is tons of fun, especially for a project like this. 






For the most part, I am hoping to find my path with Project 52 in showcasing a weekly year in the life through photos. If you are interested in following that journal I will be posting them here, on Google+, in Pinterest, and on our Flickr group page which should make the following a bit easier. If you are active in a Project 52 I would love to know so I can follow you as well! 


Flickr Project 52 2012

No comments: